Your personal data
By way of this website you may contact us via our contact form. Therefore you must fill in your company name, name, e-mail address and telephone number. We will use these personal data to contact you as soon as possible. We ask you for both your e-mail address and telephone number to avoid any problems with typing errors and to prevent not being able to reach you in any way. These data will also be used to analyse the effectiveness of our contact form. This will have no impact on your privacy: we will solely analyse which contacts resulted in new clients.
Your data will not be processed for all the above mentioned purposes at the same time. Your personal data will exclusively be processed on the basis of your consent, where it is necessary for a contract, or where it is necessary for the purpose of a legitimate interest pursued by Across Border. You may at all times withdraw your consent by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we have received such message, we will stop the processing activities that are solely based on your consent. However, the above will not affect the processing, or the legitimacy of the processing, that occurred on the basis of the consent that was given before you withdrew your consent, nor does it affect the processing on the basis of a legitimate interest on the part of Across Border or any other ground.
Across Border will not process or keep your personal data any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and processed. We also limit the amount of personal data required for the purpose for which they are processed to an absolute minimum. Further, please be informed that providing your personal data for the above mentioned purposes is in no way a statutory obligation.
On our website we make use of various cookies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by your web browser or other equipment. When you visit our website a subsequent time, the information contained in these cookies may be sent to your web browser again. On its website, Across Border makes use of functional and analytical cookies only. These cookies will have little or no impact on your privacy.
We make use of various types of cookies in order to enable our website to function properly. These cookies remember your language preferences, optimize the speed of the website and – if you are signed in to LinkedIn – with one click show you the LinkedIn profiles of our lawyers.
These cookies analyse the effectiveness of our website and our advertisements. They indicate how our website is being used. In this context we make us of Google Analytics cookies. In order to protect your privacy we have concluded a processing agreement with Google, we mask the last part of your IP address and we will not share your personal data with Google for any other purposes than to analyse our website.
In your browser settings you may indicate that you automatically wish to reject or delete cookies, in which case, however, it may occur that no optimum use can be made of some of the functionalities of our website.
We take the appropriate technical measures in order to ensure that your personal data are secured and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, as well as against deliberate loss, destruction or damage. We make use of a secure https connection on our website for a safer transmission of your data (for example by completing the contact form). However, not one transmission of data is absolutely and completely safe. Your data will be stored in secure operating environments, which may be accessed by specific persons only.
With regard to your personal data you have the right to file a request with Across Border for the purpose of:
- being informed whether Across Border processes your personal data and, where that is the case, access to any personal data of yours which are processed;
- having your personal data rectified where they are inaccurate. Within that context you may also have your incomplete personal data completed;
- making sure that any of your personal data are deleted, if a) your data are no longer required, b) you withdraw your consent to having your personal data processed, c) you object to the processing of your personal data, or d) the data have been unlawfully processed;
- limiting the processing of your personal data, if a) the correctness of the data is disputed by you, for a period which will enable Across Border to check their correctness, b) the data are processed unlawfully and you object to these being deleted and – instead – request the use of these data to be limited, c) Across Border no longer requires the personal data, but you require these for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or d) you have objected to the processing of your personal data, pending the outcome of the relevant weighing of interests;
- having your data transferred in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, if the processing is based on consent or is necessary for a contract, and is carried out by automated means. You are also entitled to have the personal data transmitted directly to another controller, provided such is technically feasible;
- objecting to the processing of your personal data in the event of direct marketing.
You will as soon as possible and ultimately within one month after receiving your request receive a reply from Across Border. This period may be extended by two further months due to the complexity and number of requests received. If we do not take action on your request, we will inform you of the reasons for this. Furthermore, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority regarding the rejection of your request or the processing of your personal data Across Border in any other means.
Across Border will not provide your personal data to any third party, unless this is necessary for the performance of a contract, to comply with a legal obligation, to pursue a legitimate interest or where you have given your consent hereto.
The controller of your personal data is Across Border. Across Border may at all times amend this privacy statement. However, we will process your personal data only in accordance with the privacy statement in force at the time your data were obtained.